Voluntary Pre-K program
Our VPK program is a free state funded 3 hour program that runs from 9:00am to 12:00pm
Our preschool program is designed to build successful learners, thus enabling them to live productive lives as adults. It is our goal to help children develop the following skills:
• Independence, learning to do things on their own problem solving, and to make good choices.
• Cooperation; learning to get along, and work with others.
• Self-Discipline/Self Control; learning to take responsibility for their own actions, measuring the consequences, thus being able to manage their own behavior
• Knowledge of the human body; learning good hygiene, nutrition, and health.
• Self esteem; learning to feel good about themselves and their relationship to the world.
• Anti-bias; learning to avoid stereotypes. Knowing that anyone can be anything in life regardless of sex, race, religion, culture or any physical disability.
It is also our goal to help our children with their growth and development in the following areas:
• Creative Expression
• Language- written and spoken
• Music & Movements
• Reading Readiness
Playtime is a very important part of our program. This interaction allows the children to develop their self-concept as well as their social and emotional growth. We know that preschoolers are naturally inquisitive, creative, and playful. Our environment is structured to accommodate and nurture these attributes in our children
Preschool teachers develop literacy by continually exposing children to oral and written language, and by building on prior knowledge and experiences. Teachers will use a variety of fun, engaging strategies in the classroom to develop these skills before entering the Elementary School.
To sign up your child to our VPK program, please contact our center or go directly to
Once you have registered on the VPK site, then please print your certificate and bring it to our center.